The Short Term Course (“Curso de Curta Duração”, in Portuguese) allows relevant topics on Latin America to be discussed in depth. Therefore, it is an opportunity to find out and explore new issues and discuss current issues, historical facts or epistemological challenges on Latin America or on countries in the region.
The Short Term Courses will be taught on May 7th, 8th and 9th, 2019 and will be 90 minutes duration.
On March 20, we will publish the list of short courses approved!
On March 21, the procedures for registration will be published.
See below how to enroll as a student:
1. About the Participant in the Short Term Course as a student
The course is open to undergraduate and graduate students.
2. How to register for Short Term Courses
- (a) the list of Short Term Courses will be available from March 20th, 2019 on the Schedule of the Congress,
- (b) registrations may be made in a specific Platform (not yet authorized) as of that date, or in person at the time of registration at the Congress,
- (c) you should choose two listed course options and indicate your 1st and 2nd preferences. The Organizing Committee will attempt to guarantee your 1st option, but if the maximum number of places is reached, or the course may be canceled, the Commission will guarantee your enrollment in the 2nd.
Important Remarks: The maximum number of slots for each Short Term Course is 30 students, but depending on the request of the lecturer, the vacancies may be extended. The cancellation of a Short Term Course will occur at the request of the lecturer or when the class has not reached the minimum number of five participants. The Courses will take place at the same time, and it is not possible to participate in more than one Course.
- (d) The enrollment fee is $us 10,00 (R$ 30,00)
- (e) presenters of papers in Panels will have a discount of 30% in the Registration Fee in the courses. Participants in the Panels must make specific registration in the courses to guarantee their vacancy.
- (f) It will not be possible to refund the value for registrations in the Courses.
- (g) Payments must be made on a specific platform (not yet published)
- a) Certificates of participation will be granted to participants with minimum presence of 70%.