Building on the success of its first edition, which took place in Shinshu University, Matsumoto campus, Japan, on January 2018, the 2nd edition of the Brazil-Japan Litigation and Society Seminar will bring together professors and researchers from opposite sides of the world to discuss the theme “Cultural Diversity and Global Challenges”. And at this time in the Faculty of Law of the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The event is organized by the Shinshu University and the University of Sao Paulo as part of a joint research project about litigation in Japan and Brazil. Our aim is that this second event could offer opportunities for researchers to exchange ideas from a comparative perspective. Topics for the two-day seminar include recent developments in Alternative Dispute Resolutions (ADRs), Labor Law, Social Security Law, Criminal Law, among others.
The program is below:
The event in other websites:
– Research Group on Brazil-Japan Comparative Law: https://burajiruhounokai.wordpress.com/2019/09/20/dawning-of-a-new-era-for-brazil-japan-comparative-law-studies-brazil-japan-litigation-seminar-ii/
– International Interdisciplinary Mediation Network (CAMIE): https://www.facebook.com/camie.br/
– Canadian Law and Society Association (CLSA): https://www.acds-clsa.org/?q=en/content/brazil-japan-litigation-and-society-seminar-2
– Socio-Legal Studies Association (SLSA): https://www.slsa.ac.uk/images/slsadownloads/newsletters/SLN-Summer-2019-FINAL2.pdf
– Nikkey Shimbun newspaper: https://www.nikkeyshimbun.jp/2019/191010-61colonia.html
– Droit & Société website: https://ds.hypotheses.org/6055